Saturday, December 20, 2008

A New Year a New Blog


Welcome to the new home of Baker's Cakes: The Blog. In the spirit of the new year and resolutions and all that, I decided to bring the blog to a bigger forum, so here it is! I'll begin posting all my projects on this blog. I plan to update www.bakers-cakes.com as regularly as I can. I realize that some people are having difficulty viewing it, and for that I apologize, I'll try to iron that out too! In case you missed them, here are some recent projects: 








Mountain Bike Cake!

















Santa Cake Bites














In the interest of full disclosure, here's a toppled snowman. Yup, this was one of those caketastrophies that happens every so often!















Christmas Cookies





This is a detail from this year's Carolina Inn Gingerbread House Competition. My friend Emily and I worked on this for hours. I really put a lot of blood, sweat, and sugar into it. You would not believe how sticky the kitchen floor got from this project! I'm trying to recover from finding out this received 2nd place from the pastry chef. Argh. I have a theory that like art, gingerbread is subjective. I can not bear to stick candy all over my house, I think it looks tacky. I prefer to hand create each and every detail. In this house, each ivy leaf was individually piped on, each dragee was painstakingly placed with tweezers. Tweezers for goodness sakes!!! 2nd place? Argh!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!! that is too cool! it looks like a little bitty village!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis