Saturday, January 17, 2009

A Little Birdie Told Me

...that our friend and neighbor Z, turned two this week. I had to make her a little cake!


Here's my inspiration:


I used a #4 round tip and royal icing. It's tricky to get just the right consistency of frosting and even trickier to control it's application on the cake! I think this is going to require a lot more practice to perfect it! Here's the final result:


Maybe I should have used an even smaller tip? I'll definitely keep working on this line drawing/graphic technique.

3 comments:

  1. IT IS ADORABLE, and soon to be DEEEEEEEEEEEELICIOUS! Thank you, love, Z!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was my pleasure! I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute! Love it! Did you get my e-mail with your blog header?

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis