Monday, July 25, 2011

Kate Spade Handbag Cake


Kate Spade Handbag Cake, originally uploaded by bakers-cakes.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned this before, but I adore making handbag cakes! Every so often an order comes in that I just can't wait to get to work on, and this Kate Spade New York Gold Coast Elizabeth inspired cake was one that I had to stop myself from working on too early (the whole fresh factor, you know)!

Ironically, I am not much of a handbag person myself, although I found a bag that I love here on a serious markdown and I hope it lasts forever! But the purpose of this post isn't to discuss my style short-comings!!!

This cake is Buttermilk Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Buttercream Frosting and rolled fondant. The customer requested a purple cake (but the bag in real life comes in black and white).






No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis