Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Quilt Cake!


Quilt Cake!, originally uploaded by bakers-cakes.

This Quilt Cake was such a pleasure to create. My client contacted me and requested a cake for his mother-in-laws 70th birthday. (How Sweet!) He wanted to incorporate her Irish heritage, love of quilting, and grandchildren's names. We went with a color scheme with green tones for the Irish flair. I used stencils to crate the designs on the alternating squares, as well as an array of spring colors. I love how the "stitching" turned out on the edged of each square, as well as using that effect for the grandchildren's names around the sides of the quilt/cake.


2 comments:

  1. What a kick to see MY cake. I am the 70yr old mother-in-law. I loved seeing all my grandchildren's names on the cake and it did look like quilting. You are indeed very talented and I thank you for making a wonderful memory for me and my family. Tom is a terrific son-in-law. Mary R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - beautiful! That looks so difficult to make - each piece has to be so perfect.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis