Thursday, August 6, 2009

Happy Anniversary!


Happy Anniversary!, originally uploaded by bakers-cakes.

Our anniversary is actually August 12th, as we will be flying back from the west coast with our 2 year old and 6 year old along for the 12 hour trip, I made this cake in advance! Happy Anniversary to us! We'll be lucky if we're still sane after that. I'm hoping I can wrap the cake up and freeze it for the week!

When left to my own devices, I was a bit at a loss for how to decorate my own cake! The cake itself is an Applesauce Spice cake with Buttercream Frosting. The one thing conspicuously missing from our anniversary cake? Fondant! (Little known secret, I'm not a huge fan!) Our original cake was a spice cake and it was yummy! At least, I remember it being good, it was nine long years ago! (Kidding, it's flown by!) Also, I don't remember eating as much of it as I would have liked! I'm not sure how I would design my own wedding cake if I had to do it again! Here's our cake:



Our mother's forced us to cut the cake so we threw our hands up to say, "Alright, we did it, let's keep this party going! You got your customary tradition, let's move on." It's been nine great years, I'm lucky to have such a wonderful husband!

3 comments:

  1. Looks great! Happy early anniversary friend! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention how lucky you are for a husband who stays up for hours in the middle of the night with sick children! I (heart) you.

    J

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary! The cakes looks lovely and its so cool to see your original wedding cake.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis